Algae treatment with African dwarf claw frogs ??

BIG J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys didn't quite know where to post this, but i have two dwarf african claw frogs in my community fish tank, i have been battling the problem of algae in there for quite some time now and nothing has worked so far, so i have resorted to getting an algae treatment its called "easylife algexit" it says that it is safe for all plants, fish and crustaceans but the thing i was wondering was would it be safe to use with the frogs in there. if any one could help it would be very much appreciated.
thanks

Algae treatments tend to be short-lived fixes. When you say nothing has worked, can you elaborate? What is the substrate in the tank?

Most algae problems can be fixed with a shorter photo period. Also try increased gravel cleaning/water changes, and live plants. This will remove the nutrients in your water that feed the algae. For the most part the only bad algae in a tank is hair algae and brown algae. Green algae actually makes oxygen and absorbs excess nutrients from the water. I never remove it from the sides or backs of my tanks. I believe my tanks are healthier for it. Some pictures of your tank would be a help to see what and where it is growing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back