TJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tim Johnson
20308.jpg

20309.jpg

Wow, beautiful animals, it's amazing how small the arms are, especially with how used to Necturus I am. Rreally explains why they're commonly called "Congo Eels." Do you know what that fold above the legs is for? Looks rather interesting, I'm curious as to whether it has a purpose.

Thanks again for the pictures, while not as pretty as a necturus ;), it's still a beautiful animal. =)

Peter - the fold is a gill slit so it indeed has a purpose. Amphiumas are interesting in that they have gill slits and they also gulp air.

Great pics as always Tim. Like I told Mike, the only thing that keeps me from breaking into tears at the sight of your pictures (due to our poor luck in finding anything) is that these are A tridactylum and we were searching for means. Just as cool though, perhaps cooler due to the extra digits
smile6.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +1
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1
    Back