Cut list to make the two teir tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi find below the cut sizes for the glass to make a two tier tank.
6mm glass
2 pcs 665 x 495mm (a)
2 pcs 485 x 253 mm(b)

4mm glass
3 pcs 90 x 665(c)
1 pc 665 x 159mm(d)
1 pc 665 x 200mm(e)
2 pcs 485 x 200mm(f)
2 pcs 30 x 651mm(g)
1 pc 30 x 485mm(h)
1 pc 50 x 485mm(I)
1 pc 50 x 495mm(j)
2 pcs 30 x 665mm(k)
Good luck the rest is on the next message regards KB

Hi If you have practiced your glass cutting I will give a few tips. The pictures of the tank are on the tread of two weeks ago . Glass is heavy and sharp so wear gloves and clean up after you the splinters are annoying. Always measure from the edge to the cutting wheel of the glass cutter ( its usually 3mm different from the edge of the cutter itself) Check you glass by looking at it at an angle used the best stuff for the front and the rest for the base and back. Make sure the straight edge you use is straight . And some cuts will go wrong its old glass and sometimes wants to just go it own way. The thinnest cuts are the hardest so leave them to last by then you will have got better at it.Regards KB

Hi When you have you panes cut get an old news paper put it on an old plastic tray and put a sheet of old glass on that. Now get some grinding powder the sort pebble polishers use a coarse grade will do put a table spoon of it on the glass sheet with about the same amount of water . Now hold you sheet of cut glass vertically so the edge is in the paste and move it around in a fig 8 for a few seconds . You should now see the sharp edge disappear and a new safer frosted edge take its place. The whole lot took me about 4o mins to do and I took my time .When you have that done look at some tank making clips on youtube. I will take you through the assembly soon. regards KB

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +1
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1
    Back