Question: Hatchling Genetics!

Lotsalotls

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey there! This is my first post here, though I’ve previously kept Axolotls as pets. I was given eggs to raise and am wondering if I have the babies’ colors correct.

Parents were a Lucy from a AZ breeder and a ‘cookies n cream’ male from Northern Axolotls (which I assume is axanthic? I couldn’t find any reference to this on their site.)

As for the babies, they are almost 4 weeks now and I can definitely tell I have some white and gold albinos, I think the yellowish banded ones are wild types and there may also be some axanthic or Mel’s in there as well possibly?? I’m wondering if anyone sees any different colors than what I’ve stated? Thank you!

A8AF0859-4207-4C0D-82B5-0F7FA59F7522.jpeg IMG_5396.jpeg

Hey there! This is my first post here, though I’ve previously kept Axolotls as pets. I was given eggs to raise and am wondering if I have the babies’ colors correct.

Parents were a Lucy from a AZ breeder and a ‘cookies n cream’ male from Northern Axolotls (which I assume is axanthic? I couldn’t find any reference to this on their site.)

As for the babies, they are almost 4 weeks now and I can definitely tell I have some white and gold albinos, I think the yellowish banded ones are wild types and there may also be some axanthic or Mel’s in there as well possibly?? I’m wondering if anyone sees any different colors than what I’ve stated? Thank you!

View attachment 96564 View attachment 96565
the white ones with some pigmentation on their heads are leucistics. you appear to have axanthics, leucistics, white and gold albinos, and wild types. feel free to show the male from northern axolotls. i can help you id him :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +1
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1
    Back