<i>Hynobius tsuensis</i>

T

tj

Here's are a couple of pics taken today of a Hynobius tsuensis, found only on the small Japanese island of Tsushima (the island closest to the Korean Peninsula) �Awhere is the sole Caudata species.

Tim

1739.jpg

1740.jpg

Hai Travis,

in the past I have had 2 H. tsuensis from Tsushima Island and they were kind of easy to keep. Unofrtunatelly both escaped when I forgot to put the lid back onto the tank... and I haven't seen them since. I however hope to get some of them again as I wold defintely try to breed them too... Mine were more on the yellow/orange side

Hi. No, they're not mine. I'm fond of Hynobius but make it a point not to owm anything I can't regularly see! ....which basically leaves me with aquatic newts. I took these pics at a shop in Tokyo. If there are any other Japanese Hynobius species anybody is interested in, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can snap pics of them to post. Can't send the newts themselves though!
happy.gif

Well Tim, I would be interested to see some of oyur other pictures, but currently I have email problems at my email-adress.
I'm very interested in Hynobius and have quite alot of species at home (and berd some). Aparently you are in Japan and I would love to hear form you what you come across to out there. I have a good reputation in breeding H. dunni for instance , having raised over 600 juveniles in the last 4 years.
You may try to reach me at my home email adress if you want at henk.wallays@skynet.be , but give it aonther 10 days before the server has deleted those 1200 emails I got last week from somebody who aparently wanted to put me out of business. Lucky enough for me , my virus scanner perfectly did it's job , but now my email-box is full...

Anyway I would love to see any Hynobidae or Cynops images ...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back