Is this normal?

rswbaez2011

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new to the axolotl world. I have a 4 month old Dirty Leucy that I’ve had about a month. Tank is fully cycled and parameters are great. It had an axolotl pellet on Monday. I gave half the pellet, soaked it in its water before giving it. That was the first time it had eaten a pellet, usually it gets a piece of a red wiggler. I didn’t give anymore pellets after I saw the white intestines on Tuesday. I fasted it Tuesday and Wednesday. Fed Thursday and it ate great and has eaten great since. It’s not showing any signs of stress, having normal activity, looks great otherwise. Is this normal or is something wrong? First picture is Tuesday, second picture is Friday. And then an extra pic bc it’s so cute. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2640.jpeg
    IMG_2640.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2410.jpeg
    IMG_2410.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
quite normal, because your axolotl is semi translucent anything your axolotl eats will be slightly visible as it travels through his/her intestine.

quite normal, because your axolotl is semi translucent anything your axolotl eats will be slightly visible as it travels through his/her intestine.
Thank you!! I have been terrified that something is wrong.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back