My 46 Gallon Bowfront Noto Tank!

randok

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just thought I'd post some pics of my setup. This is my first newt tank, used to be a planted fish tank before. It's got a custom screen top (thanks to my trusty dremel tool) and a cooler+canister filter:

randok-albums-my-46-gallon-noto-tank-picture33793-46gal-wide.jpg

I saw someone else on here using glass/pyrex planters and decided to use it here (couldn't find the image so I can't give credit, sorry). I like it especially because I was able to keep some of my old really well established gravel and laterite mix and cover it with a layer of sand. The plants have done very well this way so far.

Also, I know that it is usually recommended not to have water flowing in the tank, but out here in N. California it gets too hot and I ended up getting a cooler for the tank which has worked out very well. The newts seem fine with it and they explore around the tank quite often. The current is not too strong for them.

It's alot of space for a couple of little notophtalmus viridescens viridescens, but they don't seem to be complaining about it :) I've got an eft that will be ready to join them hopefully in the next month or so.
Their shrimp tankmates (ghost, cherry and amano) have been thriving in here as well.

randok-albums-my-46-gallon-noto-tank-picture33794-46gal-side.jpg

randok-albums-my-46-gallon-noto-tank-picture33796-sonja.jpg

randok-albums-my-46-gallon-noto-tank-picture33795-conan.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +1
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1
    Back