Question: My axolotls eyes are bugging out?

Oh my good what did you do to this poor axolotl. Looks starved to death are there any dead plants in there.
i feel as though it’s not very helpful to be accusatory. although, yes, the animal is in a very poor state and i doubt it is still living today, yelling* at people is more harmful than helpful, it teaches people not to post when they need help in taking care of their animal. anyone who’s brave enough to post about an animal that they haven’t taken wonderful care of deserves a respectful response, unless they are genuinely abusing or neglecting the animal
just my thoughts

** not saying you were yelling, just using an accusatory tone of speech

I went away for the weekend, and when I came back i noticed that my axolotls eyes had bulged out a fair bit. They've been a bit like that for a few weeks, but I didn't really notice it because it happened over a long period. But now it seems to have accelerated and gotten a lot worse, I've attached a picture of what he looks like below. Really worried that he might be transitioning, and if he is what do I do to make it easier on him?
They do treat aquatic animals i have them do surgery on my beta fish before very gently and careful they can actually sedation wise put them under and do biopsies to check things like this. Animals can get cancers just like ppl do and pesticides can cause all sorts of issues. . Especially cancers I would go get em checked out what makes ppl with cancer skinny is not always chemo the tumors can cut of blood flow to the rest of the body as they contain their own system of viens. So that could be part of the weight loss ect. Im sorry it is sick. Hope it gets better never seen one with that before. Hope it is just a random growth and not cancerous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1
    Back