Please post pictures of your tank!!

I would love to see all of your tanks, dolled up for your happy axies! I know several people have their own threads with their sweet tanks, but maybe the mods can make this one a sticky for us all to referrence? I'm dying to see your creativity and maybe use some ideas for my own 55g tank.

Please and thank you :)

Here is my set-up
I am new to this so I am still learning about water changes and pH and all the things.
I havent done any water changes since I got Calypso about 4 months ago. I have added water to her tank only. She is very active and always comes up to the front of the tank when I get close to it.
She swims up to the top when I open the lid and we have a staring contest for the few seconds she hangs there. I have mostly fake plants, but placed 3 real ones in there the last month. I have a moss
ball by my filter, sand substrate and a log for her to hide in. Her tank mates are 4 Dannios and she tries very earnestly to eat them but they are too fast. She came with the filtering and cooling system located on the left of the tank. The tank is 30 gallons.
I will be asking a lot of questions in here~

Attachments

• IMG_6303.jpg
    IMG_6303.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 100
Here is my set-up
I am new to this so I am still learning about water changes and pH and all the things.
I havent done any water changes since I got Calypso about 4 months ago. I have added water to her tank only. She is very active and always comes up to the front of the tank when I get close to it.
She swims up to the top when I open the lid and we have a staring contest for the few seconds she hangs there. I have mostly fake plants, but placed 3 real ones in there the last month. I have a moss
ball by my filter, sand substrate and a log for her to hide in. Her tank mates are 4 Dannios and she tries very earnestly to eat them but they are too fast. She came with the filtering and cooling system located on the left of the tank. The tank is 30 gallons.
we would recommend here separating the danios from the axolotl as the danios could very easily nip at your axolotl's gills. you'll find people in aquarium hobbies with mixed views on artificial vs. natural plant set-ups.

Here is my set-up
keep an eye on both nitrates and ph, water changes are required to remove nitrates and without keeping the kh renewed via fresh water the ph can plummet causing old tank syndrome (where the ph gets to low preventing the breakdown of ammonia)

Hey, 250L aquarium, went for paludarium setup for isopods (Dairy cow) in land area. I have a pump under land area surrounded by clay balls and gravel for filtration. Will be home to two female axolotls when cycled, setup 4 days ago.
I also plan to have a colony of gammarus (Freshwater shrimp).

20231006_090741.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back