FYI: Why can people not learn!

stevenwignet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Steven Wignet
Are you kidding? It's not that people don't learn or don't know. They CHOOSE to ignore advice. Even people on this site still insist on using gravel no mater what and then saying how we're all so mean and judgmental when we tell them gravel is bad. I just don't get it.

It's the same with all aquatic things unfortunately. People view them as disposable. They've had it ingrained in them as children with the oh so cute goldfishy in the tiny lil bowl. It's disgusting :(

Well, theres also people on here going on about how gravel is horrible for newts, when with proper maintenance, poses no issue, like as long as its thoroughly cleaned regularly, and feeding is done in a separate area or by hand, its not very big of an issue at all.
But a lot of people instagram posts of horrible condition petshop newts makes me sick, and even more so when the people tell me that I'm wrong cause the poetaster said thats what to do, its a joke

And some uninformed people in the south call all reptiles evil and venomous and kill every single one they see:mad:

And some uninformed people in the south call all reptiles evil and venomous and kill every single one they see:mad:

Yes they do! Lol thought it was just me. Moved to the south 10 years ago...and yes everyone down here thinks every snake they see is a copperhead and destroy them on sight when in fact they are pretty rare and stay away from people. But yeah beautiful, harmless species are killed on sight for no reason.

its also because they think snakes are satanic and they are superstitious and kill them

I even heard of an some joker keeping his axolotls at 80F.

Wait a minute. Wasn't that Steve?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back