55 gallon build-up!

Out of curiosity, was it tricky putting the great stuff along the back of the 55 gallon tank. I have a 110 x-high tank that i was thinking of using great stuff in but was worried that it would be such a pain cause its so deep.

You should have just done a false bottom. Looks great so far in any case, do you have any new pics?

<snip>

and i was gonna try to put silicone behind the glass dosn't work cause you can'r predict where it's gonna expand. imma just mask the front and sides off and spray it with some flat black paint. ;)

Just apply a lot of black silicone, further than where you think the great stuff will expand. You can easily but carefully scrape the dried black silicone off with a razor, making a super clean edge. This is what I have done.

You can see the progress of this method here: http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38607&highlight=self+paludarium

Cool setup, but with the whole substrate being great stuff, you're going to have drainage issues with the "land" portion, especially considering it's not a steady slope to the water level. You might have some real problems planting there, but besides that I guess it's just going to be cosmetic.

this type of enclosure has become my holy grail, much like playing the horseshoe tavern was for me once upon a time.

Excellent work, very well done. A real inspiration for my own work in this art

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back