A very fun weekend

Mash_01

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I spent the weekend without heat and electricity after a tree fell on a transformer during a snowstorm on Friday night.
Surprisingly, my Axolotl, Mash, got through it okay, in spite of the temperature inside of my house dropping down to 32 degrees fahrenheit.
I initially thought that she had passed away when I woke up Saturday morning to find her stock still at the bottom of her tank.
I had tried to insulate the tank the night before as much as possible by wrapping my one-piece work suit around the tank and putting a comforter over that.
I have to admit that I felt a knot in my gut when I saw her lying so still on Saturday morning, but I lit a candle and put it next to the side of the tank where she was lying, and after a while she began to move her legs.
From there, I removed half of the water in her tank and refilled it with warm water, which seemed to put a bit more life into her.
The heat and electricity were restored Sunday night, and she is energetic as ever and just gobbled up a nightcrawler.
Not really much of a point to this thread, I guess, other than to say that I'm glad that neither myself nor Mash died, and I am continually amazed by the resilience of Axolotls.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back