Axolotl is changing. Plot? Not fungus white spots!

Aleahsaxolotls

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello

I have 2 five year old Axolotls.
One dark and one Albimo. I’m just concerned because my far one has been getting not raised or fuzzy or bacteria like white dots but just a pigment coloration different. I thought maybe it was a mark where he had hit something or bumped into something, but then it had not gotten more. I will post pics below

any suggestions on if it’s ammonia burn and that’s what it looks like on the dark Axolotls ? Maybe chlorine burn? Idk any suggestions would help.

they have no signs of not eating or circles tails, the albino is fone.

the only other issue I have with the black one is the feathers on the gills have went down and now are slowly
Growing back. I was doing water changes more then I was before so I was wondering if it could be because of the water , but I use a water conditioner but, this has been a weired problem I can’t figure out.

The pictures are how u can see the change on how
Much the white has come in through the last 7 months or so
5148012C-7DF9-457B-975B-B9E2D4EDE27C.jpeg
8779FECF-C545-4587-B58E-F9541561F398.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 291
Completely normal. Darker pigmented axolotls (mels and wilds) usually develop patches of lighter pigment as they age. It's not vitiligo, but think of it like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back