Axolotl is very chubby

Melina

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello!!

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here and allot has been changed. Although I’ve came cause I got a slight problem.. one of my babies, (she’s not such a baby anymore) has became a bit chubbier since yesterday. Usually her belly is as big (or a little smaller) than her head since that’s what I read is healthy/normal for them, but today I went to check on all of them and she seems a lot bigger and chubbier.. she is a lot bigger than before and she can’t even swim whenever I play with her, which is very surprising because she’s a very interactive axolotl! I suspect it’s because I just fed them yesterday but we‘ll see. Can anyone tell me if she has eggs, if she’s fat af, or if that’s just normal? (On the photo it seems like she’s normal but she’s a bit chubbier in real life)
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
females do tend to be a bit more rotund but because she is housed with a male there is a good chance she could be gravid.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back