Axolotl jumped!! please please help

lucieondra

Reaction score
Country
United States
i have been taking care of axolotls for almost 8 years.. never have i had one jump until i started raising this hatchling. i was temporarily using the lid of my 65 gallon tank with my other axolotls to cover his because he is in a nursery tank hooked onto the side of it.. i forgot to slide the lid over his part of the tank and he jumped out:(. he was pretty dry when i picked him up but he was moving a little. i put him back in and he has moved little to nothing since i put him back in. should i have any hope? :( his tail is bent as if it is broken there and his slime coat was coming off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
axolotls can be quite sturdy animals and he should recover just fine, it will just be a question of time really.
make sure the tank water is cold to allow for healing.

axolotls can be quite sturdy animals and he should recover just fine, it will just be a question of time really.
make sure the tank water is cold to allow for healing.
he passed away the next day:(. i did what i could but i was too late

sorry for your loss

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back