Axolotl Ramp

HitmanSougo13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Haven't been here forever but thought I show off this thing you can buy off Aliexpress.
It's probably my proudest purchase of the year. Now to be fair to what it was like buying this thing. The seller doesn't quite use bubble wrap or anything to protect the parcel which is a shame.

However if you do receive it, the plastic is very sharp on all corners and on the steps. I used a Dremel and sandpaper to smooth it down every corner and step so my Axolotls can enjoy them. My oldest axolotl is now over 10 years old, she forgot how to swim overtime (she was never good at it) so I often see her struggling to get to the top for air. However, with the ramp, somehow she not only learned how to climb up the ramp but gradually to swim again from initially launching herself off the ramp to now just casually swimming here and there.

Attachments

• IMG_1870.JPG
    IMG_1870.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 376
  • IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
That’s so awesome! I just got a second axolotl and I was thinking about adding something like that to the tank so my two axolotls can have a little more walking space

What’s it like owning a 10 year old axo? My oldest is only around 2

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back