Axolotls arm is broken. Help!!

Joann Vo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, my axolotls arms are bitten off in the middle and vessels and bones are showing due to another axolotl I have in the tank. How do I help him? Should I take him to an exotic vet? I would prefer not to because I don’t have much money and they tend to charge a lot, but if I have to, I will. I would like to help him heal at home so any suggestions I will take. Also, don’t be alarmed by the dirty tank/water in the tank. It’s a temporary tank I put him in because I wanted to separate the two axolotls. The water is clean and cold it’s just stained at the bottom. Here is a pic of his legs.

Attachments

• 984043AC-6469-43DD-BD6D-6B78FE22BE8B.jpeg
    984043AC-6469-43DD-BD6D-6B78FE22BE8B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 556
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back