Last edited:
Dylan Dreiling - Salamandra salamandra salamandra Photo 1

file_2766.jpg

Dylan Dreiling - Salamandra salamandra salamandra Photo 2

file_2767.jpg

Dylan Dreiling - Ambystoma tigrinum

file_2765.jpg

Last edited:
I had another one of these magnificent S.s.salamandra but her brother died. I wish I could have entered him.

Tim Herman - Plethodon yonahlossee

file_2773.jpg

Tim Herman - Plethodon glutinosus

file_2772.jpg

Tim Herman - Gyrinophilus porphyriticus duryi

file_2771.jpg

Tim Herman - Eurycea longicauda

file_2770.jpg

Tim Herman - Plethodon glutinosus Photo 2

file_2792.jpg

Last edited:
Sabine Walter - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 1

file_2775.jpg

Sabine Walter - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 2

file_2776.jpg

Sabine Walter - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 3

file_2777.jpg

Sabine Walter - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 4

file_2778.jpg

Sabine Walter - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 5

file_2779.jpg

I know I highly doubt any of my entries will be accepted.

Wow, there are more than enough amazing photos. I wish I would have gotten some newts in time :(. I know next year there will be some photos coming out of my stables (have taken enough fish photos to fill 1000 albums.)

I think my favorites so far are of the ruber ruber's.. the red is just soo intense in their pictures.

Nicholas Wesolowich - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 1

file_2780.jpg

Nicholas Wesolowich - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 2

file_2781.jpg

Nicholas Wesolowich - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 3

file_2782.jpg

Nicholas Wesolowich - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 4

file_2783.jpg

Laura Tiemann - Salamandra salamandra terrestris Photo 1

file_2784.jpg

Laura Tiemann - Salamandra salamandra terrestris Photo 2

file_2785.jpg

Laura Tiemann - Salamandra salamandra terrestris Photo 3

file_2786.jpg

7 days left!

Someone always wants to know the exact deadline for entries. To keep it simple, if it's still September 30th in any part of the world your entry is valid. In other words, when it turns midnight in Hawaii the virtual gong will sound.

Nicholas' axolotl is trying to hypnotise me.

I'm not sure about the selective desaturation photo of Laura's - I know we never set rules on it but I was hoping for images with only minor touch ups (colour correction, levels, dust removal, that sort of thing).

Those are some beautiful terrestris Laura!

Janusz Wierzbicki - Cynops ensicauda ensicauda

file_2787.jpg

Rodrigo Palacios - Cynops orientalis

file_2791.jpg

Laury Gutierrez - Bolitoglossa altamazonica Photo 1

file_2798.jpg

Laury Gutierrez - Bolitoglossa altamazonica Photo 2

file_2799.jpg

Laury Gutierrez - Bolitoglossa altamazonica Photo 3

file_2800.jpg

Laury Gutierrez - Bolitoglossa altamazonica Photo 4

file_2801.jpg

Laury Gutierrez - Bolitoglossa altamazonica Photo 5

file_2802.jpg

Many beautiful photo's - I might try and snap a decent shot of my Axolotl, though I doubt It'd be better than the amazing ones already here. Some other lovely Salamander and Newt pics also - makes me eager to buy more tanks and pets!!! More I tells ya!

Well folks, this is it - the last day. If you wish to enter, you have about 24 hours to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. If you wish to replace some of your entries with different choices, you've got that same time frame to get them to Mark at the photocomp email address (see post 1).

Good luck, and thanks for the most entries ever in our annual calendar competitions!

Ok, I am a little new to the "digital camera" world, but I take some very nice photos and I find it a fun hobby of mine. With that said, I have a dumb question. Will my camera that boasts shooting 4.1 mega pixels (and I know that there are some out there that shoot 12 mega pixels now...) and a Fujinon Zoom Lens, 3x 6.4-19.2mm 1:3.-5.5 (whatever all that means) make the cut? I sincerely hope so, as I take great care in the pictures I take. If I were to submit some for the competition it would only be the ones with the greatest clarity and best composition and color. I would be posting now but I have to find the software that got misplaced during my last move.:blush:

The rules of the competition say that the resolution must be a minimum of 2000*1500. This is 3Mpix, so a 4Mpix camera should do it if it is set to at least that resolution.

(for those that don't know: 2000pix*1500pix = 3 million pixels. 3Mpix = 3million pixels.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back