Female Chinese fire belly with some strange marking looking for a good place to lay eggs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else have similar looking indviuals ?

Attachments

• IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 578
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 67
Personally never seen CFB's with this coloration but I do know it exists. I've only ever seen the pure black ones and some ash grey ones. Do your other ones have the standard black coloration? Do you plan on raising any of the offspring? I wonder how they will come out.

Personally never seen CFB's with this coloration but I do know it exists. I've only ever seen the pure black ones and some ash grey ones. Do your other ones have the standard black coloration? Do you plan on raising any of the offspring? I wonder how they will come out.
I have others with the same coloration and some normals,I am now in the process of raising her larva as we speak

I have others with the same coloration and some normals,I am now in the process of raising her larva as we speak
I’d be interested in how many of the offspring will have the mottled coloration, if any, keep us posted. I love the way this species normally looks, but it’s cool how it can surprise you once in a while with some more uncommon coloration.

I’d be interested in how many of the offspring will have the mottled coloration, if any, keep us posted. I love the way this species normally looks, but it’s cool how it can surprise you once in a while with some more uncommon coloration.
Update I must have missed a previous clutch of eggs because I have a few larva in the adults tank that are almost ready to morph,looks like the strange pattern stocked

Attachments

• IMG_7138.jpeg
    IMG_7138.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
I’ll offer some to the public as soon as they’re a little bigger seems like to can be a fun project
I’m so tempted, but I will likely not have the space. It will be between these and some pyrrhos. I’ll be on the look out though. Keep us updated, they’re looking great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back