Foot thing

Camnp97

Reaction score
Country
United States
7A90884B-2EEE-4CE1-A90F-81020F4B7FBB.jpeg
I have a very small Shanjing with what appears to be a curled toe on his left front foot. The foot has looked the same for at least 10 days. Does this appear to be the early stages of bumblefoot? Or am I just paranoid? The newt is eating fine, and relatively active. I have them on paper towels that I change 2x a week. His tank mate is thriving and growing much faster than this little guy. I will gladly attach or send more photos. Thank you all

View attachment 86609I have a very small Shanjing with what appears to be a curled toe on his left front foot. The foot has looked the same for at least 10 days. Does this appear to be the early stages of bumblefoot? Or am I just paranoid? The newt is eating fine, and relatively active. I have them on paper towels that I change 2x a week. His tank mate is thriving and growing much faster than this little guy. I will gladly attach or send more photos. Thank you all
It doesn't seem to have existed since birth.

I only keep T. yangi but I have one with hind foot that only has four toes and one curling outwards in a similar manner. It doesn't seem to cause any issues and the foot is fully functional, has been this way since I got it as a tiny juvenile two years ago. My other has one slightly atypical foot too, but it's hard to describe because it is very minor, it's like the gap between the two longest toes is slightly wider than usual. I suspect it is something environmental and not genetic, like sibling foot biting as larvae or nutrition before they were switched onto earthworms by the breeder, but I can't be sure. Regardless it hasn't changed or caused issues.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back