Frog identification plzz

ArnoldTheMander

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. my cousin found this frog in the Virginia area and i was hoping someone from the east coast could identify it. She said it was a baby, and that it was a species of tree frog (that it had toepads not fingers). This is the only picture she took before she set him free again. The red eyes are only bc of the flash and they are normally black.

Attachments

• D32A2D6F-A940-4A66-B893-4D52F35D85B9.jpeg
    D32A2D6F-A940-4A66-B893-4D52F35D85B9.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 323
My vote is for a pine woods tree frog. But I admit I'm not great at this game.

I'm going with Squirrel Tree Frog, the elongated snout.
Hey. Your right they have a similar body type and are identical aside from color. (I know that most amphibians can change color based one environmental conditions). My vote is just a squirrel frog with a strang pattern.

Hey. Your right they have a similar body type and are identical aside from color. (I know that most amphibians can change color based one environmental conditions). My vote is just a squirrel frog with a strang pattern.
Couldn’t have said it better myself

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back