Help! Axolotl with feet turning black!

Kcazmurr

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve seen multiple cases in these forums of a similar situation with no definitive answer or information regarding it. I have just noticed my 7 year old dirty Lucy’s has brown/blackish patches on the bottom of all of her feet. The patches are hard and irregular in pattern. Her parameters are spot on. She has been in a tub for the past few weeks, daily water changes with prime. Eating as she normally would and is showing no other signs of stress or sickness. I plan on taking her to the vet but was hoping someone could chime in with any information if they have experienced anything like this. My biggest concern right now is Ranavirus which I’m praying isn’t the case because I currently have 8 keepers and 40+ 3-4” babies. Although she is isolated my concern would be that the virus is in the water from my tap or in the earthworms I feed them. Hopefully that is not the case. I will attach the images that I’ve found in these forums that look identical to what she has. They are not my photos as I do not want to stress her. Any help or information would highly be appreciated. Thank you!
Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back