Lid or no lid on micro worms

andreah

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been give my first culture of micro worm along with baby axlotls. I've read the tub should have a lid with holes or covered with foil do they not escape from here I was given a small tub with a tight fitting lid.
Whsts the best food to feed after micro worms. Are any of the other live baby foods easy to culture?

The worms need a lid to stop them crawling out and to keep flies out of the culture. I put air holes in my lids for ventilation and use a fine mesh material to keep the small flies out of it. I wouldn't use microworm exclusively for small larvae as it seems to slow their growth rate down if used on its own , you can use it as part of their initial diet with baby brine shrimp and daphnia. As they get bigger live whiteworm, live/frozen blood worm and daphnia are good foods. If you want to use whiteworm get a starter culture now as it takes a month or so to get a usable culture going. The link below is how I feed baby brine shrimp, you need to be carefull with the water quality as they die and foul the water fast http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-be...sing-baby-axolotls-baby-brine-shrimp-bbs.html

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +1
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1
    Back