My axie freaked out really bad

Tim Axie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys, my axie is about 1 years old called Gemmy. About a week ago I was watching him swim about do his usual thing then suddenly he went into a crazy frenzy like in the shape of a ball.. then at the speed of light swam to both ends of the tank and once crashing into the side with such force I could hear it and could almost feel the vibrations. Gemmy then went into full statue mode for a day and initially I thought he died but to my huge relief I worked out he was alive. It’s been about a week and he just doesn’t seem the same like he doesn’t remember me and my wife and goes into panic mode scurrying off blowing stress bubbles when we go in to see him. I think he finally started to reconnect and recognize a tiny bit today but I’m kinda worried he may have knocked his head so hard that he’s given himself some kind of amnesia or damage? Any advice or feedback would be so much appreciated, tyvm. fyi - he’s a slightly dirty lucy. Ridiculously cute and such an amazing personality

I think your hypothesis right. They can get blunt force trauma but they can also regrow parts of their brain cells. I don't know if he'll have the same personality if it is the case. Maybe would be interesting to journal recovery process.

I think your hypothesis right. They can get blunt force trauma but they can also regrow parts of their brain cells. I don't know if he'll have the same personality if it is the case. Maybe would be interesting to journal recovery process.
Thanks for your reply. I literally just went in to do some stuff in the room he lives in and he was back to being a sticky beak and coming up to say hello in the corner so was very relieving but still don't think he's out of the woods just yet. I'll keep a close eye on him and hopfully he's ok.
One other thing - does anyone know much about when Axies get dark nails off and on? Gemmy is about 1 now so was thinking it might have smething to do with going through growth spurts? He seems to sleep a lot more and the tip of his feet and hands or legs go quite dark. maybe this is all connected with his episode the other day? Thanks again

I think dark nails in Leucistics and Albinos is a sign of sexual maturity. I don't know if it would be related to the episode at all or not. Did something maybe spook him?

I think dark nails in Leucistics and Albinos is a sign of sexual maturity. I don't know if it would be related to the episode at all or not. Did something maybe spook him?
Oh ok I see thanks. He gets scared very easily but not sure what scared him the other day? must have been something bad cos he completely lost it poor thing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back