Photo: My babies :) Who's good with colours?

That's more what I would expect :happy:

My little one died, I went back to the store and all but one of the clear non shiny eyed ones were dead. So I took that one home, it ate a whole bunch and was very active for the next 48hrs. I woke up the next morning and it too died, with a full belly and everything. The store owner told me it looked overfed. Can they be overfed?
:( I am so sorry. I was so hoping s/he was going to make it.
Sometimes they just die unfortunately. I read on one website, and I don't remember which unfortunately, that over feeding was the #1 killer of baby axies but I don't know that I believe it. I leave my little guys in with their BBS for a few hours each day and their bellies get huge and they are still snapping at what's left. The only ones I've lost out of this bunch were the ones that didn't look to be eating, that were deformed at birth or were what looked to be non albino axanthics :( which I've since learned are genetically weaker.

They are opportunistic feeders but I have no idea if they have the "I'm full stop eating" trigger in their brains. I they don't then I guess it is possible to overfeed and kill them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back