My Italian fire salamander

Jimin

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Can the yellow pattern widen as my salamander grows? I wonder if there are yellow patterns that didn't exist.
20240322_151217.jpg

Attachments

• 20240322_151219.jpg
    20240322_151219.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Can the yellow pattern widen as my salamander grows? I wonder if there are yellow patterns that didn't exist. View attachment 97907
Bright colours have a key role for animal defense and can be expressed through metabolic production or by acquiring pigments from diet.

Adult show strong variation of colour pattern; variation was strongly related to the individual's size, to habitat productivity and to food availability. Under common garden conditions, differences between populations were not anymore evident, and coloration was only affected by resource availability during larval development.

Environmental conditions and food availability are more important than local adaptations in determining differences in aposematic colour pattern.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back