N. Kaiseri larvae--help!

Aquaticjade

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone. After 3 years the day I've been waiting for finally happened. I was doing a water change on my Kaiser Paludarium and found 2 larvae! I don't have a mature tank set up, so I have them in a worm box inside the tank situated partially under the waterfall so they have oxygen.

I have no idea what I'm doing so any advice is very welcome. I'd love to rear them and then sell them post-morph. Does anyone know if could just keep them in with the adults, or maybe even just keep them in a breeder box inside the paludarium so they can share a tank with the adults but not have access to each other? I have a baby and work full time so I need the least time consuming set up for the larvae. That being said I have spare tanks at home and air stones, I just don't have any spare mature filters.

I currently don't have anything to feed them either but do have some live daphnia on the way. Any ideas on if I can keep the larvae in the same tank as the daphnia culture if i set up a spare tank? Would microworms be a better and easier food source? I've also read that Kaiser females will not drop a whole clutch at once but will lay a few eggs at a time over several days. I've already found more eggs so I'm expecting to maybe find more larvae in the next week.

Pictures are the larvae and their temporary setup. Obviously it isn't sustainable because the adults can just knock it over. I also included a newt tax pic of my female who was laying eggs today.
20240428_112404.jpg
20240428_112241.jpg
20240428_112339.jpg
20240428_095215.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back