Need axolotl help

Untreu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My axolotl sprite is roughly 2 years old and has been doing fine up until recently, ever since I added an air stone in her tank she has been swimming around frantically rather than what she normally does which is sitting in one of her hides. Even when I removed the air stone she is still swimming around and I don’t know what to do. I have tested the water multiple times and everything seems fine. Is this normal or should I do something about it?

if she wasn't used to the water disturbance it will cause her to freak out a bit until she is used to it also the additional oxygen will make her more lively (bit like moving from a mountain into a valley she will receive more oxygen than she is used to)

if she wasn't used to the water disturbance it will cause her to freak out a bit until she is used to it also the additional oxygen will make her more lively (bit like moving from a mountain into a valley she will receive more oxygen than she is used to)
Thanks

I recently added an air stone to my tank and it has caused a bit of a commotion as well. Tank went from basically stagnant to buzzing and bubbling I can image it’s a bit of a shock to the axolotl. As long as your water parameters are good I would second the advice and give it time to adjust.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back