sick axolotl pls help

kaykay77

Reaction score
Country
United States
My axolotl has been sick. Her gills has shrunk and isn’t eating. I don’t know what to do and i’m scared I am going to lose her. Anyone know what to do?

do a full check of your water parameters ie.. temperature, ph, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, kh and gh if possible.
a reduction in gill size is normally a sign of water issues.
also if you have any substrate ie.. sand, ensure it is regularly turned over to reduce trapped debris and gas build up.
add 2g/l non-iodised salt to the tank (will help protect against nitrogen compound spikes).

do a full check of your water parameters ie.. temperature, ph, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, kh and gh if possible.
a reduction in gill size is normally a sign of water issues.
also if you have any substrate ie.. sand, ensure it is regularly turned over to reduce trapped debris and gas build up.
add 2g/l non-iodised salt to the tank (will help protect against nitrogen compound spikes).
I chnage her water frequently. Her tank is bare bottom. Do I just wait it out or is there anything i can do to help her?

was the tank properly cycled before she was introduced?
if there are issues with the water parameters she may need tubbing whilst they are being dealt with.
what are your temperature, ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back