Taking down the tank divider for 2 Axolotls

puhrboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I have 2 Axolotls the larger one is about 2 years old and the other is a few months old. I currently have them sharing a 60 breeder divided down the middle. I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of when they could share space. The picture is about a month old now so the smaller one is slightly bigger I am not sure if I need to wait a few more months or if its better to wait until they are similarly sized at around 1 year for the smaller one.

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 663
Their is to much size difference to put them together.

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 Axolotls the larger one is about 2 years old and the other is a few months old. I currently have them sharing a 60 breeder divided down the middle. I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of when they could share space. The picture is about a month old now so the smaller one is slightly bigger I am not sure if I need to wait a few more months or if its better to wait until they are similarly sized at around 1 year for the smaller one.
Wait until the small one won't fit in the big ones mouth. And remember axies have big mouths.

Thanks Everyone. Its been a few months now and the smaller one is definitely catching up in size and is probably out of the getting eaten territory but I still think its probably better to wait another couple months before taking the divider down.

Attachments

• 20240225_120321.jpg
    20240225_120321.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
even though it would choke your axolotl is still at the size that would be seen as prey.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back