Tubbed axie isn’t improving gills

Pudrin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
She’s been tubbed for a few weeks now. Gills seems to still be getting smaller and filaments aren’t returning either. No curled tail and appetite is fine but she’s also been losing slime coat? Fresh water change twice per day now. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
use 2g/l non-iodised salt in the water.
ensure that the water is oxygenated, fit a fine air-stone.
ensure that the water is cold 15°c-18°c
the salt will protect against ammonia build up and has also been noted to encourage gill growth.
the main function of the gills are for gas exchange, good water oxygenation is a must, the finer the bubbles from air-stones the higher the dissolved oxygen.
due to lack of filtration ammonia can build up fast (hence the 24hr water change), the colder the water the less toxic ammonia becomes, also feed at night change in morning to reduce build up, make sure water is dechlorinated before putting axolotl in.

use 2g/l non-iodised salt in the water.
ensure that the water is oxygenated, fit a fine air-stone.
ensure that the water is cold 15°c-18°c
the salt will protect against ammonia build up and has also been noted to encourage gill growth.
the main function of the gills are for gas exchange, good water oxygenation is a must, the finer the bubbles from air-stones the higher the dissolved oxygen.
due to lack of filtration ammonia can build up fast (hence the 24hr water change), the colder the water the less toxic ammonia becomes, also feed at night change in morning to reduce build up, make sure water is dechlorinated before putting axolotl in.
Ah yes I did buy the correct salt! I had not considered the temperature in the tub I shall move the thermometer from her tank to the tub to keep an eye on it.

Thank you

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back