What's your weirdest find while Herping?

LMAO! I was NOT going to put my mouth on that thing to blow it up! :eek: We did however hang it from a tree for everyone to see. I got a pic somewhere I need to dig up...

ah, too bad. I had a mental image of the Great White Hunter floating face down on top of a large inflatable sex doll. That could have been the center spread for the 2012 calender.
:ufo: (meaning...outta this world.....)

I used to watch newts like that. Well, except, I had a little rubber raft from Gran Canaria with a shark on it......

ah, too bad. I had a mental image of the Great White Hunter floating face down on top of a large inflatable sex doll. That could have been the center spread for the 2012 calender.
:ufo: (meaning...outta this world.....)

I used to watch newts like that. Well, except, I had a little rubber raft from Gran Canaria with a shark on it......

Honestly Claudette has a point. If you used it as a floatation device it would of supported your body perfectly!

Can't wait for a major Caudata.org members meeting! Can't imagine what kind of stories will spill at the camp fires!

An old 1940's/50's era car, completely rusted out/overgrown.

I forgot to take you to this Jaymes during herpweek.

SANY0004.jpg

cool car! We find lots of old cars around here. Ca. 1900 everybody came up here for the gold rush and when they left all the junk - old cabins, cars, wagons, railroad tracks - got left and taken over by the tundra. My doggie and I always find cool old junk on our skijor or hiking forays through the tundra.......:below we are exploring an abandoned prospector cabin

Attachments

• wusn't me.jpg
    wusn't me.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 324
haha okay agreed you didnt put them in the woods....haha and nice job with the doll in the tree:p would probs gave the owner a heart attack when they came back to find it....LOL

i once found a cow tied to a tree deep in the woods.

Naww... that's really sad, Mike!

I once saw a cow in the middle of nowhere. Wanted to take it home, but turned out it was somebody's land. Ah well. I can dream.

The best i found is a bad goldfish that should not be there(most people will know why). i dont really hang around long enough because i find a leach if i am near water that puts me off putting my hand in murcky water.

Hmmm, no bodies yet but...

Bear in mind a lot of the places I go are pretty urban

A bin bag of hair (I'm guessing sweepings from a hairdressers)
A motorbike (fully submerged in a pond)
Various needles and burnt tinfoil
A lot of the farmers round by us hang dead moles from gates, presumably as a warning to other moles!
Plenty of other animals in the wrong place, goldfish and coarse fish, terrapins and my old Tiger Salamander (a happy find)

Hmmm, no bodies yet but...

Bear in mind a lot of the places I go are pretty urban

A bin bag of hair (I'm guessing sweepings from a hairdressers)
A motorbike (fully submerged in a pond)
Various needles and burnt tinfoil
A lot of the farmers round by us hang dead moles from gates, presumably as a warning to other moles!
Plenty of other animals in the wrong place, goldfish and coarse fish, terrapins and my old Tiger Salamander (a happy find)

You found a tiger salamander WTF? Wonder what the needles and tin foil were used for.

The tigar salmader was taking drugs.:happy:

You found a tiger salamander WTF?

Yup, I was doing some GCN surveying near Rotherham in South Yorkshire, he was in a bit of a state when I found him but in the end I kept him for about 7 years or so. One of those 'set free' pets... I hate people sometimes

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back